Ahead of their Autumn 2021 tour “Unity Tour” with Pet Shop Boys, New Order have announced a huge hometown gig on September 10th at Manchester’s Heaton Park. The event will be the band’s first concert in Manchester in four years.
The band says in a statement about the concert:
“The connection between ourselves and Manchester has played a pivotal role in who we are as a band. We have countless memories from across the city, from our early days starting out, and beyond. We promise to bring a celebration like no other to Heaton Park in 2021, and we can’t wait to see everyone come together for a night we all never forget.”
The September 10th event includes opening acts Hot Chip and Working Men’s Club, Tickets are on sale here.
Bookending their rescheduled Unity Tour with Pet Shop Boys and the gig in Manchester, New Order are also slated to perform on November 6th in London.
In the meantime, check out New Order’s latest single and music video “Be a Rebel” here.
New Order Tour Dates:
- September 10: Heaton Park, Manchester, UK
- September 18: Budweiser Stage, Toronto, ON, Canada *
- September 20: Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion, Boston, MA, USA *
- September 22: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY, USA *
- September 25: TD Pavilion at The Mann, Philadelphia, PA, USA *
- September 28: Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD, USA *
- October 1: Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, Chicago, IL, USA *
- October 3: Armory, Minneapolis, MN, USA *
- October 7: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC, Canada *
- October 9: Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA *
- October 13: Chase Center, San Francisco, CA, USA *
- October 15: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA *
- October 16: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA *
- November 6: The O2, London, UK
*With Pet Shop Boys
The post New Order to Perform Huge Hometown Gig in Manchester next September appeared first on Post-Punk.com.